- We may not quite have everything ready at the house, but I’m officially ready when she’s ready ;)
- At 33 weeks I had my first “oh my gosh, that hurts, please stop moving” moment. While it was painful, it was also very soothing to know she is in there healthily moving and getting comfortable.
- I can wake up in the morning and know if it’s humid, raining, or nice and dry outside. My fingers have turned into weather meters. Wet/Humid=puffy with tight rings. Dry=smooth and normal.
- I know 2 ladies that both had their first babies this past Saturday. They were both a few weeks early. While I know it isn’t up to me, I’d be perfectly okay with holding our baby girl earlier than March 11th!
- I washed all the baby clothes this week. One load was all pink materials and when I cleaned the lint trap it was the cutest pure pink fluffy lint strip I’ve ever seen.
- I wake up almost every morning in a panic when I think the wrinkles the sheets leave on my skin are stretchmarks.
- Zantac 150 has become my heartburn night-in-shining armor. It has joined the ranks with my daily vitamin/pill regimen.
- I was asked by a friend how many times I pee in a day. I decided to do a random count yesterday and the total= 14 visits. It was a light day for me!
- For our 3rd wedding anniversary we were gifted a Chili’s giftcard & 2 movie tickets. That may be our last date as “only the two of us”.
- Just then writing out that we are fixing to go from a house of 2, to a house of 3, makes me even more excited!
- I recently found my first “love-marks” from baby Ringl. I was surprised how well I handled it. Of course they aren’t so much stretch marks as they are purple star-looking marks on my leg. I don’t think any body changes could really upset me at this point. Do I want to get to my beginning weight, yes. Do I expect my body to be exactly the same as it was pre-pregnancy, of course not.
- I’ve been freezing Stephen out of the house all winter. He comes home from work and changes into jeans, a shirt, a hoodie, and keeps socks on. I’m usually wearing a cotton skirt and tanktop and still get overheated.
- Riding in the car is rather uncomfortable. 30 minutes I can handle. An hour or plus is just not cool. I now travel with a pillow for my back.
- I’ve been reading Ina May’s “Guide to Childbirth”, and I’ve gone from being kind of scared of giving birth to really excited and comforted. It’s an experience I know I will never forget, as well as one I don’t ever want to forget.
- I’m eating smaller meals, more often. When I’m full, I’m horribly uncomfortable.
- While writing this baby Ringl is busy squirming around. While I can’t wait to hold her I know I’m really going to miss feeling her every move, twitch, and especially those sweet hiccups.
- Charlie Horse = Painful!
- While sleeping through the night isn’t happening, I woke up twice last night to baby Ringl adjusting and swapping positions. I love waking up in the morning to Stephen putting his hand on my stomach asking me ‘why isn’t she moving yet’. Definitely one of my favorite things in the world!
- While I do occasionally complain to Stephen about my growing body, I still feel amazing about myself because he constantly tells me how attractive (his words: Hot) I am, even with these extra 32 pounds. I wish/hope every woman has it as good as I do.