- I know I’ve said it before, but Sarah truly is a great baby. She is so easy going and loves to be around people and activity. We pretty much load her up and can take her anywhere without a second thought.
- The past few weeks Sarah has been taking some awesome naps. She goes down at 9:00-11’ish and then 1:00-3’ish. Sometimes she will sleep for 2 1/2 hours. It.Is.Awesome!
- Last month Sarah said ‘mama’ all the time and I was beyond excited! Well, turns out she is actually working her way through the alphabet because she’s been saying babababa and nananana for about 2 weeks now and hasn’t returned to mama yet :( Sad, but that just means I can get re-excited when she does finally learn mama.
- Our girl loves being tickled and ‘chased’ while crawling. We love hearing her laugh while we blow raspberries on her tummy. She really gets laughing when I lightly bite her feet. She kicks and giggles so hard, it’s the best!
- I’m not positive, but I’m pretty sure that Sarah has started dancing when she gets excited & hears music. She will be standing there and suddenly she’s bouncing up and down. She also throws her arms up and down and squeals with a huge smile. Girls got some moves!
- When Sarah started pulling up around 6-7 months I was afraid I was gonna have an early walker and I’d have to chase her around the house. Thankfully she hasn’t started walking yet, although she does let go and stand for a good 5-8 seconds until she lowers down into a sitting position.
- She is also pulling up on everything! I have come around the corner several times and found her standing against the wall, or standing against the fridge trying to reach magnets. The child has no limits.
- Speaking of the fridge, Sarah LOVES to stand inside it with the door open. She has figured out how to turn the light off and stands there making the light flicker. She also knows how to turn the light switch off when we leave a room (when we hold her up to it).
- Sarah is still nursing 6-8 times a day. We give her mashed fruits and veggies on occasion, but it’s not a daily thing yet. She does love to watch us eat and ate her first (mashed up) animal cracker the other day. She’s interested, but only snacks lightly until she wants to play with the food instead of eat it.
- We have nicknamed our girl Hoover. She will eat ANY and EVERY thing she finds on the floor. I have to sweep daily, but she still finds the tiniest things. She combs the carpet for things, it’s insane. Yesterday I found a Christmas tree needle in her diaper… definitely grossed (and freaked) me out.
- She also loves to kiss/lick mirrors. I’ve revealed how much she loves to eat/chew on everything, so I suppose there’s no reason mirrors shouldn’t make the cut. It’s like having a puppy, but she doesn’t poop or pee on the floor, and seeing her fingerprints on everything makes you smile instead of bust out the windex.
- When Stephen gets home from work Sarah knows as soon as she either hears him close the car door, or unlock the front door. She usually waves her arms around and then crawls at rocket-speed toward the door. It is positively adorable to watch her and see his HUGE smile when he comes through the door and sees her!
- While we know we want more children, just the thought of having a baby/toddler while going through another pregnancy is exhausting. Hopefully we will still be leaving near all our family when that time comes!
- Oh, and one last fun addition; Sarah has learned how to wave bye-bye. She babbles baba and will wave her fingers on her right hand. We absolutely love it!
Well, those are some of the things that we have been up to. I really need to start writing down her new tricks when they happen. Trying to remember everything at one time isn’t easy.
I can’t believe in 3 short months Sarah will be ONE! What a fun day that will be :) We love you baby girl!