On Wednesday, April 6th, baby Ringl turned 1 month old! I know, I can’t believe it either. This whole experience has been so surreal. I have no idea how a month has already passed…
Sarah at 1 Month
These bloomers were a gift from my Aunt Vicci. Each month I’m going to snap a photo of her in these bloomers so we can watch her cute bum grow, and hopefully one day fit in them.
For Sarah’s monthly photo post I am going to borrow the style of my “What I’ve Learned” posts and adapt them from pregnancy tidbits to baby bits. Yes, the exciting saga continues. I hope you enjoy the start of this new series.
- Babies poop, A LOT!
- Newborns eat every 2-3 hours for the first few weeks. If you think about that then you will realize that means you have to wake every 2-3 hours to feed the baby. Fun fact, after 2 weeks the sleep deprivation starts to feel normal :)
- When you have a child there is no such thing as too many pictures.
- You can’t swaddle a baby too tight. Sarah is a magician at finding a way to get her arms loose, except with 1 brand of blanket: The Miracle Blanket. It’s amazing!
- I was an idiot for complaining about being uncomfortable while sleeping at the end of my pregnancy. At least I was getting sleep! I will never take advantage of 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep again.
- We are lucky enough to have both of our parents nearby. I seriously don’t know how people do it without the help of their moms. If you have had a baby with long-distance parents than my hat is off to you!
- There is nothing better in life than cuddling with your baby while they nap. It’s the best feeling in the world.
- I have become one of those parents that congratulates their baby for making a good ‘poopey in their diaper’. I don’t know how it happened, but baby talk just kinda happens, especially while changing diapers.
- If you are going to have a baby learn as MUCH as possible about breastfeeding (before you have your baby) as you can! This has got to be my #1 piece of advice for all moms-to-be.
- Their isn’t anything more attractive than seeing a man dote over his child. Seriously, it’s beautiful, sweet, encouraging, and sexy, all at the same time!
- Having a baby is the biggest conversation starter in the world. In the store, at the bank, anywhere you go people are friendlier and almost always talk to you.
- Anytime you leave the house it looks like you are going on vacation. There is no such thing as “rushing out the door” anymore.
- Getting a shower has become a privilege, not a priority. Thankfully I’m not doing anything to really get smelly or dirty, but if I get a shower every 2-3 days I consider myself lucky (I’d rather nap with those 15 minutes anyways!)
- You don’t need to worry about me being smelly, the seldom showering is very common it just isn’t something mom’s normally mention to people ;)
- While pregnancy hormones are intense, I cried more the 2 weeks after having Sarah than in all my life added together. Post-baby hormone fluctuation is INTENSE!
- You can never travel with too many diapers, but you can travel with too little. Don’t let the latter happen.
- While my birth plan didn’t go as I’d hoped, I’d do it all over again in a heartbeat. Once you have that precious baby in your arms the rest is forgotten.
- I have 20 pounds to lose but don’t feel rushed in the slightest. Having an encouraging, loving, and selfless husband is the best thing a woman could ever hope for!
That’s all I’ve got for month 1. I’m sure I could think of a lot more, but it’s late and Sarah actually fell asleep so I’ve gotta grab some zzz’s while I can.