Archive for December 31st, 2010
to celebrate our 30th week I thought I would show you the last 4 weeks of growth
1. 10 Weeks to go!
2. Heartburn hurts like the dickens. I’m sorry for anyone that has this condition in everyday life!
3. Does anyone remember what sleeping through the night feels like? No? Huh, me either.
4. While sleep is not happening, my body is working hard at making sure I wake up sore. I get a charlie horse in my calves almost every night, making it interesting when I step out of bed. O.U.C.H.
5. Feeling baby Ringl have the hiccups is my favorite experience (so far). She likes to wake me up with them at 6am, almost as dependable as an alarm clock.
6. I slept with 1 body pillow and 4 regular pillows this week. I have to climb into my spot and snuggly tuck myself into a comfortable position. At least that’s the new routine when I don’t just settle for the couch.
7. I’ve decided, despite the fact that it’s winter, it is time to get myself some comfy cotton dresses. The less pressure on my belly, the better. Oh, and some yoga pants. Time to finally give in and invest in comfort!
8. The past few weeks I’ve been up throughout the night to body aches and the baby kicking, while my hubby dreams away. Foreshadowing?
9. My whole life I could never get over feeling guilty as I pictured my husband heading off to work while I stayed at home to be with the baby. After a few of these sleepless nights, that guilt has washed away. He’ll see the bags under my eyes and know that my work was equally as challenging, and without a lunch break included.
10. I have never wanted a pedicure & massage more in my life! I sure wish I had added those to my Christmas list…
11. While I say I’m more than ready for the baby to be here, I know that once she comes I am going to miss feeling her flutter and kick throughout the day. It is comforting knowing that she is safe and has everything she needs while in my belly-cocoon.
12. Since being in the 3rd trimester my belly button has officially popped! Stephen says it’s my bodies way of telling me ‘the turkeys done’.
13. My hips are killing. At my last appointment the nurse showed me some exercices but I don’t remember them because I was busy holding in my laughter while watching her demonstrate.
14. Getting out of the car has become an exercise. One leg out, two legs out, hands on knees and push up.
15. We are pretty much at a stand-still in the nursery until after our baby shower. I don’t want to buy anything in case we receive it as a gift, so I’m hoping Stephen will suddenly become interested in decorating so we can get it the way I’ve pictured in my head.
16. I’ve gone from a full-time napper to a nester. I need this house nice and clean and organized. Time to scratch off all the items on my to-do list!
17. Stephen couldn’t make it to our last 2 appointments so I got my sister to record my appointment so he can hear the heartbeat. Now if only I could crop a swimsuit models stomach into the video…