Archive for October 25th, 2010
1. We are officially past the 1/2 way point! Praise the Lord
2. Upon request Stephen & I started our baby registry. It’s a good thing we’re starting now because I was exhausted after about an hour.
3. The nursery transformation has started and I am loving every second because I get to watch how excited Stephen gets over things like paint and decorations for our little girl. He is going to be putty in her hands.
4. My dreams have gotten insane. I dream about having the baby a lot. I start in the hospital, somehow skip the birth, and each time we end up with a different type of child. One time it was a chicken egg, after birth. Yes, I’m very serious.
5. I recently found out one of my wonderful friends, Sara, is pregnant. We talked about being pregnant together and it’s actually happening. She’s due the end of May and I’m so excited.
6. I get a headache just about everyday. The doctor says it’s a hormone thing. Tylenol doesn’t work, caffeine does.
7. Before pregnancy I wasn’t sensitive to caffeine at all. I stopped having it all together when we found out we were pregnant and just recently started having it in small amounts. If I have any after 5 pm, I’m up until at least 1 am., guaranteed.
8. I felt the first movement at 18 weeks and can’t wait until Stephen can see and feel our little girl move around. At church on Sunday I was sitting down and felt a big punch/kick, she must have been doing some aerobics. Stephen actually noticed from across the room because of the face I made.
9. I was gifted a few pair of maternity pants and they truly are heaven.on.earth !
10. Weight gain recommendations are a laughing joke. I’ve gained 17 pounds (so far) and if I stay on “track” I’ll have gained the appropriate amount when Sarah gets here.
11. When I need to switch sides while laying in bed I have to move my stomach with my hand. I can’t imagine how fun that will be in the next 2-4 months.
12. Not only have my pants shrunk, but now most of my tops have too. I am officially in the maternity clothing phase.
13. I’ve started walking everyday and it’s amazing how much better I feel after a bit of exercise. I’m also getting to know my neighbors a lot better.
14. I have the overwhelming urge to get rid of EVERYTHING in our house. Way. Too. Much. Clutter.
15. We were gifted our first box of diapers and wipes from my in-laws. They bought the big box from Sam’s and when I did the math 1 box is not even a months worth. Cleaning poop and pee will cost more than our groceries.
I plan on sharing the story behind out little girls name tomorrow, so stay tuned!