With hurricane (tropical storm?) Ida expected to make landfall tomorrow, I have to do some last minute preparing!
Here’s my checklist:
- fill up on gas – done on my way to work this morning!
- get batteries – if I need extras I’ll pull them out of the wii remotes
- water – it’s raining… I’ll set out some pots and let mother nature bring the water to me
- stock up on canned goods – not neccesary, still have a years worth of blueberry pie filling from my Y2K stockpile
- refill flintstones vitamins prescription – almost out!
- pork rinds! – I still have 10 or 12 bags, but what if there’s a post-hurricane shortage?
- charge gameboy batteries – better find my mario golf game too!
- get some cardboard boxes – in case I need to build a fort
- cash – just get more pork rinds! then I can just barter for anything I need! genius!
- duct tape the windows on the Vue – I don’t have any duct tape… I wonder if scotch tape will do?
- cross stuff off hurricane preparedness checklist – makes me feel productive!
Well I’m just about ready! Remember: your hurricane preparedness checklist is to be completed before the hurricane gets here! (you only make that mistake once!) And don’t forget your gameboy!